Yummytimtam's Cross Stitch

Hi, welcome to my blog. This is about on one of my favorite crafts - namely cross stitch. Currently I'm doing various project rotations including Flaming June, Custom Cupid, Snow Wolves, Harmony, Watergarden, Alpine Seasons, Japanese Garden, Cranes, Angel of the Morning, Forest Goddess, The Abduction of Psych (beading), Persian Iris Garden, Mystery X and Cosima


Vivienne was born on 18 July 2005
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 31, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow ?

That's the name of a new mystery sampler which is being offered by Papillon Creation It's coming in 13 parts and part 1 just come out. It's very pretty that took me away from my focus wip. You are free to choose the 6 floss colours and I thought what better opportunity to try out my floss from Vietnam. So after a week or so of stitching, part 1 is now done. There is still beads to go but I have no idea what colour I want to use. I think I will wait until more is done before deciding on the beads colour. I'm so happy with it and here are the photoes,








The first one is a scan of the project, but unfortunately the opalescent of the fabric is loss, so I took a picture with my camera for the second photo which is a bit darker. The scan one shows the colour of the floss better.

The floss actually didn't turn out so bad. It was suggested that they may be rayon floss. I have no idea about them. I have heard many unpleasant things about stitching with rayon and was a bit worry. But I had no trouble, it does behave different to cotton though. One things I wish also is the colour variation within the floss are a bit far apart hence make the flowers different. However you could say, that's a good point too. Anyhow thanks for looking.

6 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger Sisu said...

Looks great Tim!

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Kerry said...

Just beautiful, Tim. It looks so pretty and it is going to be amazing.

 
At 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, such pretty colours. Couldn't decide whether or not to collect this chart but wow, after seeing yours, I may well do so.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Nancy M said...

Love the vibrant colors and the 2nd photo of the fabric is gorgeous too!! So glad you took the 2nd photo, it really shows off the opalescent!

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Terri said...

Absolutely wonderful Tim as always

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Novia said...

It's really beautiful and the colours of the floss is just sooo vibrant. I'm glad they behave well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home