Yummytimtam's Cross Stitch

Hi, welcome to my blog. This is about on one of my favorite crafts - namely cross stitch. Currently I'm doing various project rotations including Flaming June, Custom Cupid, Snow Wolves, Harmony, Watergarden, Alpine Seasons, Japanese Garden, Cranes, Angel of the Morning, Forest Goddess, The Abduction of Psych (beading), Persian Iris Garden, Mystery X and Cosima


Vivienne was born on 18 July 2005
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Much needed update

Time has gone quickly. It seem more than 2 years ago since my last post. What can I say, life had been hectic. And blogging had been the last thing for me to update. Anyhow, some excitement news. Last month, we went to Europe. I had the opportunity to meet up with a cyberfriend for the first time. Francois was the co-owner/moderator of my IntricateXS yahoo group. He is no longer active in the group, but we've been keeping in touch. He was free when we would be in Paris and volunteer to be our guide. That was excellent and amazing. Having a local guide in any foreign country with a language barrier is the best things any tourists can hope for. We had the best time there. He showed us among other touristy area, some many things which a typical tourist would have missed. Naturally visiting a few of the LNS is a very important agenda. I bought lots of stash as you can see here
Many of the books and charts are hard or expensive to get back at home, and with the strong Australian dollars at present, they are bargains. I end up posting some of this home as my luggage went over the limit. LOL My wife and him also had a blast in some of the lovely yarn stores. And best of all, I got to see 'The Detail of Pearl Merchant" in real life. One of Francois many masterpieces which many of you might be familiar with.
On the way home, we had a very brief stopover in London. We got to attend the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace, which was a great way to end our holiday. And of course I got more stash - mostly stitching accesories this time. On the stitching front, I am nearly finish with one of my project, A Tribute To Ackworth. This is an SAL from Sticklounge. I'm planning to move the last 3 letters which are my surname and putting the date onto it.
I do have some other projects to update but that would have to come in a different post in the future. Ciao.

5 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Denise SA said...

Looks like you had a great time wish I could have made it to the stitching show in London

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

It's so lovely to see a post from you! Glad you had a wonderful time on your trip! Great new stash. Love the pic of you and Francois.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

I'm so glad to see you posting again!! It's so nice to put faces to names!! I remember François, he is so talented.

The new purchases for your stash are great.

Hugs and Kisses :)

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Thanks for your comments. Yes, Mayte. I remember when we were the group co-owners. :-)

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Aqur Printing Jakarta said...



The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Cetak Buku Umroh Haji wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home